Please join the Smoking Cessation Leadership Center at UCSF for their 100th live webinar, “Smoke-free Public Housing: Helping Residents Quit Tobacco” hosted by SCLC, American Cancer Society and North American Quitline Consortium.
- Celine Mutuyemariya, M.Ed., Community Health Coordinator, Shawnee Christian Healthcare Center
- Izzy Rivera, Resident Service Coordinator, Lancaster City Housing Authority
- Katy L. Wynne, Ed.D., MSW, Cessation Coordinator in the Division of Tobacco Prevention and Control, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, and Manager, South Carolina Tobacco Quitline
- Describe challenges and successes experienced by public housing authorities, community health centers, and state quitlines involved in the Smoke-Free Public Housing: Helping Smokers Quit project
- Identify 2-3 best practices to help residents of public housing access smoking cessation services and/or support
- Discuss challenges associated with systems change to better help residents of public housing quit smoking
- Discuss 1-2 ideas to improve internal processes to help residents/patients access tobacco cessation services
- List 3-4 resources to which to refer patients for smoking cessation information or services
One hour of FREE credit can be earned, for participants who join the LIVE session, on Tuesday, July 21, 2020.