- SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- TOBACCO DATA
Fax to Assist
What is Fax to Assist? Fax to Assist is an exciting and convenient way for you to refer your clients to Maryland's Quitline to help them quit smoking. Who is eligible to become Fax to Assist certified? All Maryland healthcare providers and other professionals who are interested in helping their clients quit smoking are eligible and encouraged to use Fax to Assist (although only providers and others who are employed by a HIPAA-covered entity will receive feedback from the Quitline for the clients they refer). How do I become Certified? There are two options that are available:
Online Individual Training Advantages:
- Training and certification can be completed in about 20 minutes!
- Instant feedback on the individual certification examination.
- Instant access to Fax to Assist referral forms and Quitline resources.
- How do I start? Follow the directions below.
On-Site Group Training (for larger groups) Advantages:
- We come to you and provide a one hour training for your whole team!
- Training can be tailored to your setting and patient population.
- Same-day certification
- How do I start? CLICK HERE and send us an email to sign-up for on-site training.
Online Training - START HERE
NEW: MDQuit's Fax to Assist training is now available online at Litmos!
- MDQuit's online Fax to Assist training has been updated and moved to Litmos (an online learning platform) to improve your training experience!
- Key improvements include:
- Presentation of informational slides with engaging graphics
- Voice-over describing slides in a manner similar to our on-site trainings
- Access to 2 brief tobacco intervention videos
- Access to additional informational handouts
To complete MDQuit's new and improved online Fax to Assist training, follow these steps:
- Sign up to complete this training on Litmos, using the following link and training code:
- Link to training: https://mdquittraining.litmos.com/self-signup/
- Training code: F2A
- After you have signed up on Litmos, review the 3 training modules. These modules provide you with information about the Fax to Assist program and how to become a certified Fax to Assist provider.
- After you have reviewed the 3 modules, complete our 4-item quiz. This quiz covers information reviewed in the 3 training modules. Individuals who receive at least a 70% on the quiz will be certified as MDQuit Fax to Assist providers!
How long will it take? It will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
*Note: An mdquit.org account will be created for you by an MDQuit Center Specialist using the contact information you provide when you sign up on Litmos. It may take several business days (2-3 days) for an mdquit.org account to be created for you by one of our Center Specialists.
To complete MDQuit's traditional Fax to Assist training, follow these 3 easy steps:
- There are 4 training modules that will provide you with information about the Fax to Assist program and how to become certified to be a Fax to Assist provider.
- At the end of the 4 modules, you will be asked a series of 10 questions about what you have just read. You will need to correctly answer 70% of the questions to be certified (you can take the quiz more than once).
- Once certified, you will have access to our downloadable referral forms and other tools to help your clients.
How long will it take? It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete this process.
Training for Certification Modules
Read the on-line Training for Certification Modules (listed above) and review them. After you review all four modules you will have to complete an online examination. This examination is required before accessing the Fax to Assist Referral form. Please note that you will have to register with the MDQuit website before you begin your examination. You will be asked for your name, mailing and email address. In addition, you will be asked to answer some brief questions about your professional background. After you register, you will be able to immediately take the Fax to Assist examination.