- SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- TOBACCO DATA
Our Mission and Activities
We are the Maryland Qutting Use and Initiation of Tobacco (MDQuit) Resource Center. Our mission is to link professionals and providers to state tobacco initiatives, to provide evidence-based, effective resources and tools to local programs, to create and support an extensive, collaborative network of tobacco prevention and cessation professionals, and to provide a forum for sharing best practices throughout the state of Maryland.
What does MDQuit do?
1. We support but are not the MD Quitline call line. For direct access to the MD Quitline and consumer support services, call 1-800 QUIT NOW (1-800-784-8669) or go to http://smokingstopshere.com/
2. We conduct trainings for service providers to implement within their organization:
For a more detailed description of the trainings, click here
- Brief Interventions & Fax-to-Assist
- Preparing to Quit
- Breaking the Habit in Behavioral Health
- Fax-to-Assist (online)
**trainings can be tailored to particular populations**
3. Center Specialists are available for information regarding resources, training, or other prevention and cessation information. For more information about other kinds of training please contact the center specialists.
What does MDQuit not do?
Provide direct services for smoking cessation consumers.
MDQuit Member Information
Fax to Assist
We are currently seeking new CME sponsorship for our online certification program. CLICK HERE to find out more about Fax to Assist and complete your training.
If you are interested in resources, training, or other prevention and cessation information to help consumers, please call us at (410) 455-3628 or contact one of our MDQuit Resource Center Specialists:
Current Tobacco News Feed
- First-of-its-kind tobacco treatment training program launched - News from the University of Massachusetts
- Kansas Adults with Mental Illness Twice as Likely to Use Tobacco - Newswise (press release)
- American adolescents turn to ethnically-linked alternative tobacco products ... - News-Medical.net
- As millions vape, e-cigarette researchers count puffs, scour Facebook - Chicago Tribune (blog)
- The Secret History Behind The Science Of Stress - KUOW News and Information
- Scientists Count Puffs And Comb Facebook To Understand E-Cigarette Risks - Huffington Post
- As Millions Volunteer, E-cigarette Researchers Count Puffs, Scour Facebook - NDTV
- Higher taxes key to curbing tobacco use? - TheHealthSite
- Passive Exposure to Tobacco Linked to Increased Allergies in Children - Medical Research News and Interviews_ MedicalResearch.com