- SPECIAL POPULATIONS
- TOBACCO DATA
Our Mission and Activities
We are the Maryland Qutting Use and Initiation of Tobacco (MDQuit) Resource Center. Our mission is to link professionals and providers to state tobacco initiatives, to provide evidence-based, effective resources and tools to local programs, to create and support an extensive, collaborative network of tobacco prevention and cessation professionals, and to provide a forum for sharing best practices throughout the state of Maryland.
What does MDQuit do?
1. We support but are not the MD Quitline call line. For direct access to the MD Quitline and consumer support services, call 1-800 QUIT NOW (1-800-784-8669) or go to http://smokingstopshere.com/
2. We conduct trainings for service providers to implement within their organization:
For a more detailed description of the trainings, click here
- Brief Interventions & Fax-to-Assist
- Preparing to Quit
- Breaking the Habit in Behavioral Health
- Fax-to-Assist (online)
**trainings can be tailored to particular populations**
3. Center Specialists are available for information regarding resources, training, or other prevention and cessation information. For more information about other kinds of training please contact the center specialists.
What does MDQuit not do?
Provide direct services for smoking cessation consumers.
MDQuit Member Information
Fax to Assist
We are currently seeking new CME sponsorship for our online certification program. CLICK HERE to find out more about Fax to Assist and complete your training.
Current Tobacco News Feed
- Do e-cigarettes break the hold of Big Tobacco or condemn kids to addiction? - CBS News
- California declares e-cigarettes a public health threat - San Bernardino County Sun
- California announces campaign to combat use of e-cigarettes - Los Angeles Times
- E-Cig Stigma: California Declares Vaping a Public Health Risk - NBCNews.com
- Mayhew Defends Gov's Plan to Cut $20M From Smoking Cessation Fund - Maine Public Broadcasting
- Public Release: 28-Jan-2015 Moderate lifetime marijuana smoking linked to ... - EurekAlert (press release)
- Study shows effectiveness of simple, low-cost tobacco interventions in ERs - Medical Xpress
- WNC schools wrestle with growing e-cigarette use - Asheville Citizen-Times
- California Declares E-Cigarettes a Health Threat, Says They Should Be ... - TheBlaze.com
- California declares electronic cigarettes a health threat - KATC Lafayette News